Monday 21 August 2017

After I'm Gone


( Some philosophical play, Rossetti never taught me punctuation. )

After I'm dead
I might be remembered,
A distant echo of memory
A soul phased for eternity,
Ashes scattered to the winds
Under a satin sky,
Sleeping peacefully
Please don't disturb me,
Look after my records and books
Keep on building another world,
Rid of poverty, inequality, destruction
With so much comfort, grace and appeal,
Deep in the valley, a bell shall toll
In a place where rests the soul,
On slate and stone poetry reimbursing
Beyond life's awakening curses,
This elusive dreamer will dream away
Flying on high in distant space,
In shards of broken time 
As birds  forever burst into song.

1 comment:

  1. This is a topic which is near to my heart... Take care!
    Where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete