Friday 2 March 2012

Davey Jones (30/12/45 - 29/02/12) R.I.P

Bit late with this one. Found out yesterday Mr Jones had passed away from a heart attack. He always struck me as forever young. With his good looks and British charm, this Manchester born singer/actor starred in the seminal series The Monkees. Between 1966 and 1970 the Monkees released 9 records. I've got a few on vinyl, very crackly , that's how often I've dug them out.
I used to watch their zany, knockabout antics a lot in their T.V show the monkees, when I was younger. They should put them back on the box. As for their head trip movie Head , wow...... well worth checking out. Far out.
For me Davey Jones was always the groovy one. Hey hey......always monkeying around...... Mr Jones R.I.P. I'm still a believer.

As reported in the Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/29/davy-jones-monkees-dies-66?newsfeed=true

The Monkees - Last Train to Clarkesville.

The Monkees - I'm a believer


The Monkees - Steppin Stone


The Monkees - Porpoise Song ( from HEAD)



No comments:

Post a Comment